Many people who exercise or are new to the fitness world think that strength training is only associated with more experienced athletes. This couldn't be further from the truth. There are too many physical, health, and mental benefits to leave strength training out of your workout schedule.
Weight Training is not the same as body building. Weight training is about improving muscle strength and muscle tone. For men, who have naturally higher levels of testosterone, it usually does mean an increase in muscle size, called hypertrophy. On the other hand, women tend to increase the tone without significantly increasing the muscle size. The class incorporates the use of barbells, kettle bells and dumbbells with weights chosen to suit each individual.
The Benefits of Weight Training
- Stronger muscles improve your posture and help keep your body in balance. Weight training helps to tone, lift, firm and shape your body.
- Stronger muscles can help with every day activities such as lugging shopping bags, moving furniture, lifting kids, lifting push chairs and so on.
- Strength training will not only make you strong, but will also help with managing your weight.
- It can help prevent osteoporosis and increase bone density.
- It can help to reshape problem areas, such as sagging arms and butt.
- Weight training can increase your lean body mass and therefore increase your metabolism. If we don't add strength training to our routine then it will turn into fat.
- It improves your quality of life as you gain body confidence.
LIFT LEAN is a fun, non intimidating class where you will be shown how to exercise correctly and use the weights that are suitable for you. There is no pressure and everyone supports each other. Great music to help motivate you in a fun and friendly environment.
Mappleborough Green Village Hall
£5 per class